Monday, August 13, 2012

Birthday Party Ideas

We will be celebrating Amelia's 2nd birthday on October 6th (even though she doesn't turn 2 until October 13th). I have been coming up with ideas for her birthday party here and there...

The theme is You Are My Sunshine! I am so excited about it! I got the idea from Hillary's blog. Her party for Sadie was ADORABLE!!! I will not be doing the same thing that she did I'm just running with the theme and putting my own twist on it.

I am using yellow and orange as the colors. I thought about using a lot of colors but Amelia's first birthday party had a lot of color and I want to keep things simple this year. I want it to be cute but not over the top. So simple yellow and orange it is...

Speaking of simple... We are keeping the guest list small. We will more than likely be having the party at our house and since we live in a garden home there isn't much room for parking. We invited a lot of people to her first birthday party but this year we are only inviting immediate family.

Over the last several months I have been adding things to my birthday party idea Pinterest board... Here are a few things I have found so far.





I want to frame this and use it as decoration at the party, maybe switch out one of our framed photos for this just for her party... You can find it here for free! I love subway art and this print is adorable, after the party I can use it in Amelia's bedroom.


I've already bought some of these books to give as favors along with some animal crackers and some candy. I'm not sure what else I can include in the favor bags I need to look while I am out shopping and find a few more things to give.


I would LOVE to find some brown paper sacks big enough to hold the books and decorate them like the ones above... I found the idea for those here.

I know I want to use yellow and orange polka dot balloons to decorate with. I also have several milk glass vases that I want to have sitting around with yellow and orange flowers of sort in them. I have a few mason jars too that I can make bouquets of flowers in to have sitting around.

I don't have much planned yet but for a simple party I think this is a good start. My next item to tackle is the invitation. I need to start working on it now so that all I have to do is add her photo closer to party day!

If you have any ideas please feel free to share them! I love hearing ideas from others!

No comments:

Post a Comment