Sunday, August 12, 2012

I would get an F

If car maintenance were a course in school I would have gotten a big fat F. I know nothing about the in and outs of cars and all of their parts and I'm ok with that.

So imagine my panic when the tire on my husband's truck (that I was driving) went flat. Ugh! When my sister in law and I left her house it was fine, when we got to the gas station the guy next to us pointed it out. Y'all, I didn't even know it went flat. There was some road construction that we went through and that is the only thing we can think of that happened.

So here we are with a flat tire and I have no clue how to change one and I'm not sure that Heather knows how either. She called her husband (my husband's brother), my husband was 2 hours away at drill. My father in law was on his way to their house but we didn't know how close he was. He and my brother in law showed up at the same time to rescue us. About 10 minutes later we had the spare on and were on our way.

And the old tire? Not fixable... Seriously. It has a gash on the side of the tire, not the part on the road. And where is the gash? On the inside of the tire, like the side that goes under the truck! I have no clue what happened! Go big or go home, but seriously Kristen did you have to go that big?!

Looking back it is funny but it wasn't then. The whole situation got me thinking that now may be the time to start learning things here and there about vehicles, like how to change the tire and such... Do you know how to change a flat tire? If so would you like to teach me?

No comments:

Post a Comment