Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Nanny

Today would have been my Nanny's 73rd birthday. She is celebrating in Heaven this year. You never think when you are celebrating birthdays that it could be the last one, I know I didn't think that last year would be Nanny's last birthday on Earth.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. She meant the world to me and I know that she knew that and she knew that I loved her so much. It is still so hard to believe that she is gone.

I still catch myself picking up my phone to call her with some exciting news or to just talk. I miss those conversations that we would have and I miss eating lunch with her. But most of all I miss watching Amelia play with her. Amelia was just shy of 17 months when she passed away, I worry that she won't remember that time with her but to my surprise she does. She will ask me about Nanny or say that something was Nanny's favorite, like popsicles. I want her to always remember Nanny and all of the fun that we had over at her house.

I am so glad that my mom, sister and all of our kids (minus Hew, he wasn't home from the hospital yet) had lunch with her that day. I'm glad her last memory was of all of us eating together. 

This evening we are having dinner in her honor. We are wearing our pajamas because that is what Nanny wore unless she was going out somewhere. And we are having popsicles for dessert, one of her favorites. 

Happy birthday Nanny! I miss you so much and I love you to the moon and back!







1 comment:

  1. Sorry for your loss. Im so glad you have such wonderful memories and pictures. Those pictures will allow Amelia to remember and keep her in her heart. Have a great jammie dinner!

    ReplyDelete